Washington Post: Trump Confronts Hegseth Over Misleading Ammunition Reports
President Trump confronted Defense Secretary Hegseth at Camp David last week over what he said was a misleading account of critical ammunition shortages, according to The Washington Post, citing two people familiar with the matter. The clash came on the margins of a Cabinet meeting on Friday. Trump, frustrated over the Iran war, pressed Hegseth on why he had been kept in the dark about shortages that are now threatening to constrain military options against Tehran. Trump said he believed the ammunition issue had been 'solved long ago.' Hegseth defended himself and blamed deputy Stephen Feinberg for failing to keep the president fully informed. One source said shortages — especially of long-range guided missiles and air-defense interceptors — were part of the reason Trump in recent days called off a new large-scale strike on Iran. Another person familiar with the matter said ATACMS inventories, a short-range missile also badly needed by Ukraine, were essentially depleted. The Washington Post report was distributed by Jinshi.







